Cool DIY – Fashion Revamp Without the Hassle of Sewing
I have recently discovered easy no sew diy hacks. So, I am going to tell you about my favourite cool DIY tricks to update your wardrobe.
1. Grab an old jumper or tee and cut it straight down the middle. Using a bit of hem tape you have created a funky cardigan.
2. Got singlet tops in every colour? Grab a doily and fix it! All you need to do is fold the doily in half and place it on the neckline of your singlet. Using some self-adhesive tape, simply iron the doily in place.
3. Are you the type of person that always has to roll up their jeans? If you want to add to this look all you need a some bling and a hot glue gun. Simply pick your accessory of choice and get to work gluing them to the cuff of your turned up jeans.
4. Open back sweaters? Using the same technique as we did in number 1, with the cardigan, slit an old jumper straight down the middle but at the back this time. Then using the hemming tape again, fold the edges over to prevent fraying. Then simply add 3 inches of velcro to the neck of the sweater. Slide your arms in and attach the velcro.
5. Have shirts that you no longer wear? Create two mirror images of half moon shapes. Place them just under the collar of your shirt, trace and cut out the shapes. In order to straighten the edges make small snips in the fabric and glue to the inside of your shirt. Iron and you are ready to go with an on-trend new look.
In order to create these cool DIY looks all you need is a pair of scissors, a hot glue gun, and some inspiration.